Solaire Duel Academy!

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 525 registered users
The newest registered user is R.A.Z.E.R

Our users have posted a total of 3748 messages in 911 subjects
Latest topics
» A Personal Apology and Small Update!
RP TUTORIAL GUIDE & THE 3 STRIKES RULE(MANDATORY VIEW FOR RPers) EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 3:25 pm by Vald the INVOKER

» LINK SUMMONING ON DUELING BOOK!!!
RP TUTORIAL GUIDE & THE 3 STRIKES RULE(MANDATORY VIEW FOR RPers) EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 6:32 pm by Vald the INVOKER

» SM10's Greeting
RP TUTORIAL GUIDE & THE 3 STRIKES RULE(MANDATORY VIEW FOR RPers) EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 2:32 am by (Vice-Chancellor) Lloyd

» [OCG] New Master Rule & Starter Deck 2017 Rulings
RP TUTORIAL GUIDE & THE 3 STRIKES RULE(MANDATORY VIEW FOR RPers) EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 5:06 pm by Tsukune Aono

» Mr. Doctor Mushrambo's Results
RP TUTORIAL GUIDE & THE 3 STRIKES RULE(MANDATORY VIEW FOR RPers) EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 4:11 pm by deathxlink1992

» retest request B^)
RP TUTORIAL GUIDE & THE 3 STRIKES RULE(MANDATORY VIEW FOR RPers) EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 2:27 pm by Mr. Doctor Mushrambo

» MUST HAVE DOWNLOADS FOR CUSTOM PLAY!
RP TUTORIAL GUIDE & THE 3 STRIKES RULE(MANDATORY VIEW FOR RPers) EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 2:58 pm by (Chancellor) Leon

» Hello its Darth Sidious Here!!!
RP TUTORIAL GUIDE & THE 3 STRIKES RULE(MANDATORY VIEW FOR RPers) EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 4:23 pm by Darth Sidious

» [COTD] Hydralander the Orbital Shadowlite Weapon
RP TUTORIAL GUIDE & THE 3 STRIKES RULE(MANDATORY VIEW FOR RPers) EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 1:28 pm by Tsukune Aono

September 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
Satellar Duel Academy

Adventure Spirit Duel Academy

Gishki Duel Academy

YGOPro A Damn Of A New Age

RP TUTORIAL GUIDE & THE 3 STRIKES RULE(MANDATORY VIEW FOR RPers)

Go down

RP TUTORIAL GUIDE & THE 3 STRIKES RULE(MANDATORY VIEW FOR RPers) Empty RP TUTORIAL GUIDE & THE 3 STRIKES RULE(MANDATORY VIEW FOR RPers)

Post by Professor Corpse on Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:09 am

Hello all, Professor Corpse here, and I would like you all to know that we are going to teach you how to properly Role-Play in the RP Forum. Below I will explain the Steps in which you will learn the skills needed to RP like a true writer.

Step 1. Ways to write your posts
Below I will show 3 effective ways to write your posts.
1. The man walking down the street suddenly noticed a shadow that moved eerily behind a corner at the end of the street . He walked towards that direction to inspect to see if it was someone following him.

Walking Man: Hello, who's over there?, come out so I can see you. If you don't i'll come over there and find you.... im warning you!

No sound came from behind the street corner, only the cold silence of the night.

2. The man walking down the street suddenly noticed a shadow that moved eerily behind a corner at the end of the street . He walked towards that direction to inspect to see if it was someone following him.
"Hello, who's over there?, come out so I can see you. If you don't i'll come over there and find you.... im warning you!" the Walking Man said in anger.
No sound came from the street corner, only the cold silence of the night.

3. The man walking down the street suddenly noticed a shadow that moved eerily behind a corner at the end of the street . He walked towards that direction to inspect to see if it was someone following him. "Hello, who's over there?, come out so I can see you. If you don't i'll come over there and find you.... im warning you!" No sound came from the street corner, only the cold silence of the night.

These are great examples on how to write posts, and one last thing. NEVER POST WITH ONLY ONE SENTENCE AT A TIME!! This greatly increases the amount of pages since only bits and pieces are posted at a time and each page holds a max of 15 Posts.

Step 2. Taking Turns & RPC Inactivity
Self-explanatory, but lets dig a bit deeper shall we? What if one important Role-Player and their RPC stop posting? Simple, have a talk with those involved that are still readily active Basketball  and create a situation that will exclude the RPC without causing too much harm to the RP and has it to where the Role-Player can jump back in. Another thing aside from creating a turn taking rotation, it's always good to take notice if breaking the rotation temporarily so a certain person can respond to the situation at hand would better the story or if doing so is necessary if the turn poster is not present when needed.
Example
RPC 1: Ya'll wanna go to Martha and Coleman's Good Eats?
RPC 2: I guess so, im getting really hungry anyway.
RPC 3: Hope they still have the soup special because im starving.
Rotation Break
RPC 2: SHUDDUP, &!#$@!!

Step 3. Try Avoiding Lone Wolfing & Uninformed Random Posting
Lone Wolves rarely care about the story they are participating in, straying off and making their own. If Lone Wolfing is done, try doing so in a way that it still aids the story, like your RPC is a spy that is on a mission to get information for the other characters or fights by his/herself so friends are not hurt in the process. NEVER TRY TO DO YOUR OWN THING BECAUSE YOU'VE LOST INTEREST IN THE CURRENT STORY!!, and never try to become the center of attention by doing amazing feats that really don't add much to the story. All that does is make you seem like a jerk. Another thing, don't just randomly post in an RP without reading it thoroughly beforehand and any other sources that feed into it. If your sudden post would break the flow of things, don't post unless you are sure it is for the better.

Step 4. NPC/RPC Handling & Plot Directing
An NPC(Non-Player Character) is a free character that is created to enhance the story of an RP. All or most active RPers must agree on the creation of an NPC before it can be used. Remember to give the NPC a personality, a purpose, and even a deck if necessary, and when having one speak in a post make sure that you color the NPC's name and/or phrases a default color not commonly used by other RPCs(I use grey for my NPCs). Speaking of RPCs, it's important to consider coloring the names and phrases of your RPC to not only show personality but also differentiate between characters more easily. I will detail an example below to show you a way to do this.
NPC: I activate Raigeki, destroying all of your monsters!
RPC: I CHAIN MYSTICAL SPACE TYPHOON!!(don't chain MST to Raigeki, scrub  Neutral )
Finally, let's talk about Plot Directing. If you all or most RPers don't agree on a end game for your RP session and a way to get there,  RP will fall into shambles after a series of aimless posts that don't really lead anywhere. Get together and mention ideas, taking the story's main plot into consideration. When a 2/3 or 3/4 ratio is the amount of that agree with the idea and has been accepted by Chancellor Solaire, the idea gets bumped and becomes the goal. NEVER USE ANOTHER PERSON"S RPC WITHOUT PERMISSION, and always think carefully when moving your RPC to another area, not neglecting if the were in a duel or another situation that would make travel impossible.

Step... you know what phuq it, READ EVERTHING!!!
That's it, just make sure to read up on everything and keep yourself briefed on updates. This way you understand how to deal with situations and when to use your RPC.

https://soaduelacademy.forumotion.com/t398-bios-for-new-age-rebellion-rp LINK TO RPC CHARACTER BIO CREATION

THESE STEPS ARE TO BE CONSIDERED RULES, AND NOT FOLLOWING THEM WILL GRANT YOU A STRIKE EACH TIME YOU DISREGARD ONE. 3 strikes and it's up to Chancellor Solaire to decide what punishment you receive.

Last edited by Professor Corpse on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:47 pm; edited 4 times in total
Professor Corpse
Professor Corpse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RP TUTORIAL GUIDE & THE 3 STRIKES RULE(MANDATORY VIEW FOR RPers) Empty Re: RP TUTORIAL GUIDE & THE 3 STRIKES RULE(MANDATORY VIEW FOR RPers)

Post by Fujitora on Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:14 pm

Bump
Fujitora
Fujitora

Customize Profile : Flair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RP TUTORIAL GUIDE & THE 3 STRIKES RULE(MANDATORY VIEW FOR RPers) Empty Re: RP TUTORIAL GUIDE & THE 3 STRIKES RULE(MANDATORY VIEW FOR RPers)

Post by Guitar Gangster on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:24 pm

ok so where can I begin?
Guitar Gangster
Guitar Gangster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down