Satellar Duel Academy

Adventure Spirit Duel Academy

Gishki Duel Academy

YGOPro A Damn Of A New Age

A Guide to Taming Ritualistic Beasts

Go down

A Guide to Taming Ritualistic Beasts

Post by deathxlink1992 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:56 pm

Its that time again for an archetype lesson. This time the topic is the Ritual beasts.

What are Ritual Beasts
Ritual beasts are all Wind psychic monsters and wind pryo/aqua/thunder monsters, these monsters are the beasts, that focus on self banishment and resummoning banished monsters for various effects as well as conducting contact fusion by banishing the required monsters. Ritual beasts are the successors of the gusto and have the ability to easily field swarm if given the chance.

Monsters

All main deck ritual beast monsters have the same restriction effect, each ritual beast can only be special summoned once a turn.

R.B. Tamer Lara: If you normal summon this card you can revive a ritual beast in your grave.

R.B. Tamer Elder: If you normal summon this card you get to normal summon again, so long its another ritual beast.

R.B. Tamer Wen: Her effect is nearly similar to Lara except she special summons a banished ritual beast.

Spiritual Beast Apelio: Banish 1 ritual beast card and every ritual beast for the rest of the turn you used this effect gain 500 attack and defense, including those that arn't currently on the field. Use this effect when your going to field swarm for maximum damage.

Spiritual Beast Cannahawk: Banish a ritual beast card in your deck, on your 2nd standby after using this effect add that card to your hand. This is basically a monster version of gold sarcophagus.

Spiritual beast Pettlephin: Banish a ritual beast card from your hand to bounce a card on your opponents field to their hand.

R.B. Tamer Zeframpilica: When normal or pendulum summoned you can revive a R.B. or zefra monster,except this card, in your grave but destroy it during the end phase. Of course if your using a pure ritual beast build your only gonna revive a ritual beast.

Spiritual Beast Rampengu: Banish 1 ritual beast from your extra deck and send 1 monster of the same type from your deck to the grave. The reason you do this is to have a ritual beast in the grave for effects such as Lara or Apelio.

R.B. Tamer Zefrawendi: When this card is normal or pendulum summoned you can add one face up ritual beast/zefra in your extra deck to your hand except this card. Not as useful in a pure build but could get you zeframpilica back if shes in your extra.

For the most part, with main deck monsters, you want to try to banish the spiritual beasts over the tamers since tamers can only use their effects when their special summoned, while the spiritual beasts can use their effects at any time, when its legal that is. This dueling style is more effective during the begining when the duel is fresh, later on you will probably have enough beasts in your grave and banished zone that you can use any card to feed banish effects. This mindset is also null if you need to banish a tamer to special summon it back so you can contact fusion.

Extra Deck Monsters

All Fusion ritual beasts have this same restriction as well as this effect, Must be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.  During either player's turn: You can return this card you control to the Extra Deck, then target 2 of your banished monsters (1 "Ritual Beast Tamer" monster and 1 "Spiritual Beast" monster). Special Summon them in Defense Position. Ulti-Gaiapelio does not have the 2nd effect listed. Also you do not have to special summon the monsters used for the contact fusion, any one of each type of ritual beast will work, so long as it hasn't been special summoned.

RB Ulti-Pettlephin: Can not be destroyed by card effects. This card has no other effects besides the ones shared by all fusions. Basically this is a wall monster.

RB Ulti-Cannahawk: Once per turn: You can target 2 of your banished "Ritual Beast" cards; return them to the Graveyard, and if you do, add 1 "Ritual Beast" card from your Deck to your hand. This is the bread and butter recycle/search card for the deck.

RB Ulti-Apelio: If this card attacks, it is unaffected by other card effects until the end of the Damage Step. Anti mirror force/D-prison beat-stick monster.

RB Ulti-Gaiapello: If this card was summoned via contect fusion it gains this effect: During either player's turn, when a Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect, is activated: You can banish 1 "Ritual Beast" card from your hand; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. If this deck had an ace monster this would be it, it has the typical negate anything card effect and has over 3000 attack.

This Archetype does not have a whole lot of spell/trap support numbering only 3 cards.

Ritual Beast's Bond: Quick play spell card: Banish 2 "Ritual Beast" monsters you control; Special Summon 1 "Ritual Beast" monster from your Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions. Useful if your opponent is gonna field bomb, you can summon Ulti-Pettlephin who can't be destroyed by card effects.

Ritual Beast Ambush: Trap Card: Target 1 of your "Ritual Beast Tamer" monsters and 1 of your "Spiritual Beast" monsters that are banished and/or in your Graveyard; Special Summon them in Defense Position. After this card is activated, you cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Ritual Beast" monsters, for the rest of this turn. You can only activate 1 "Ritual Beast Ambush" per turn. Best used during your opponent's end phase so you can instantly bypass the restriction.

Ritual Beast Steeds: Trap Card: If you control a "Ritual Beast" monster: Destroy monsters on the field up to the number of "Ritual Beast" monsters you currently control. Helps destroy powerhouse monsters your opponent controls if you field swarm and want to go for the OTK.

Useful Spell/trap cards to help fill out your deck.

Dimensional Fissure: While this card is face up all monsters are banished instead of being sent to the grave. Useful to yourself and hinders your opponent

Emergancy Teleport: Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower Psychic-Type monster from your hand or Deck, but banish it during the End Phase of this turn.

Foolish Burial: Send a card from your deck to the grave. Useful to help fuel effects that target the grave.

Gold Sarcophagus: Banish 1 card in your deck then on the 2nd standby phase after activation add it to  your hand. Ritual beasts can easily bybass the 2 turn wait by using their effects that involve the banished zone.

Psychic Path: Pay 800 Life Points and select up to 2 of your removed from play Psychic-Type monsters. Add them to your hand. Lets you recycle Beast Tamers.

Macro Cosmos:All cards sent to the grave are banished. Again hinders your opponent more then it does to you.

Bright Future: Target 2 of your banished Psychic-Type monsters; return both those targets to the Graveyard and draw 1 card. Recycle banished tamers and get a free draw.

Psychic Trigger: Activate only while your Life Points are lower than your opponent's. Select 2 Psychic-Type monsters in your Graveyard. Remove them from play and draw 2 cards. Sometimes you need your monsters in your grave right away, with this you can do so and draw.

Brain Hazard: A call of the haunted for banished psychic monsters.

That is all for this lesson, while I've never used this archetype personally, it has seen a lot of action in competitions. For those who wish to use this deck I wish you luck

RANK 6 RAIDRAPTOR REVOLUTION FALCON
deathxlink1992
deathxlink1992

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Guide to Taming Ritualistic Beasts

Post by B@TMAN on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:54 pm

good lesson death. i was expecting pictures for spells and traps.
B@TMAN
B@TMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deathxlink1992 on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:18 pm

There was only 3 for them and it was late as heck when i did this so i was like screw it, also i never do pictures for non archetype cards that can be added for more buffer/support.

deathxlink1992
deathxlink1992

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WowThatsPrettySad on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:03 pm

"That is all for this lesson, while I've never used this archetype personally, it has seen a lot of action in competitions. For those who wish to use this deck I wish you luck"
.... WHAT... WHAT... WHHHATT???? I'm sorry but Ritual Beasts out of all archetypes is not one you can just look at and figure out how to play. Your tech cards are extremely sub-par and you did not touch on how to even play the deck. Not to mention the pictures are sloppily attached and the entire article is lazily formatted. As an avid Ritual Beast player i can say for a fact that this "lesson" does not do the archetype justice. A five-year old could have gave the descriptions you gave. Blah. 1/10

WowThatsPrettySad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by B@TMAN on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:09 pm

wtps i admit its not the kind of article you would write for them being a huge rb fan but he did the lesson.....if you want your own spin on it, thne do your own lesson.
B@TMAN
B@TMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WowThatsPrettySad on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:23 pm

Should be renamed to "Here, Since You All Are Too Lazy to Look Up The Card Text of Ritual Beasts, I'll Just List Them Here For You" scratch that... too long to be a title

WowThatsPrettySad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by B@TMAN on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:53 pm

dude its still a decent attempt if your considering he knew nothing about the archetype.
B@TMAN
B@TMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WowThatsPrettySad on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:21 pm

No, it makes it even worse THAT he knew nothing about the archetype. If he had no prior knowledge of the deck, the shallow puddle of information displayed here was derived from another source, making it probably that this isn't even his own work.

WowThatsPrettySad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deathxlink1992 on Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:20 pm

This is how i've done most of my lessons, the fact that your only complaining now is the fact that this is one of your favorite decks and your just annoying at how I presented them. So to sum it up, if you don't like it, make your own damn lesson. Good day Very Happy

deathxlink1992
deathxlink1992

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WowThatsPrettySad on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:34 pm

deathxlink1992 wrote:This is how i've done most of my lessons, the fact that your only complaining now is the fact that this is one of your favorite decks and your just annoying at how I presented them. So to sum it up, if you don't like it, make your own damn lesson. Good day Very Happy
In fact, I do have my own lesson, care to link it in your "lesson"? http://soaduelacademy.forumotion.com/t943-ritual-beast-lesson-with-actual-information#4192

Actually I haven't complained on any of your other "lessons" is because I only joined a week ago. And the reason I'm complaining is because I can't stand people who write down the obvious and and act like they know something. But you even claimed you knew absolutely nothing and still tried to "teach it"; I cannot even comprehend the thought process behind that.  When I admin'd an academy I would have never tolerated something like this. And yes, it is even worse considering it is a deck I like and one that i actually took the time to learn and write out a thought-out article for those wanting to play the deck, not some excerpt of the Ritual Beast section on Wiki. 

Too sum it up, make better damn lessons. Spend some actual time in creating work that you want to represent you.

WowThatsPrettySad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deathxlink1992 on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:39 pm

While I should, and do apologize for that comment, this is the uria dorm, the way i teach is to keep things simple and to the point and with hopes that anyone who reads will try it on their own and with the basic knowledge learn and understand the mechanics of how the deck would operate. If this kind of lesson was in the raviel or neos dorm then yes I should be expected to give very precise, detailed, and extensive lesson of someone who would use this deck in a ranked fashion. The reason i did this lesson is cause I do the occasional Poll for an archetype people would like me to talk about, this won so i did it.

deathxlink1992
deathxlink1992

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down